Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/29/d134578137/htdocs/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

Everyone can read their investment protection program here. The part I would like to quote is:

You purchase our Advanced Technologies Class-on-Demand in July 2008 and in April 2009, Cisco announces changes to the CCIE lab exam. We release a new version of the Class-on-Demand in March 2009 that covers the April 2009 CCIE lab exam changes. Since your purchase included Investment Protection, you will receive the updated version free of charge

Notice the wording “new version.” I am still waiting on my official response to the new audio boot camp by Scott Morris, but word from a few different bloggers is that they were told the new 4.0 version is a new product and won’t be included in the current CCIE 2.0 program for existing owners. To me isn’t the 4.0 version an update to the 3.0 version that covers the changes to the new 4.0 lab blueprint? To me that seems like it contradicts the statement above about the investment program. Now until I get my offical response from INE sales I will wait this one out, but what is the point of the investment protection program? This isn’t the program idea I bought into my I purchased my end to end program.

**************************Update************************

This is the response I received from the sales team:

Your discount price for the new Audio Bootcamp is $346.50. This factors in a 30% discount which we are extending to all previous owners of our Audio Advanced Technologies Class. Note that the new AUdio Bootcamp is NOT simply a new version of this class (which is why it is not a free upgrade), but instead is an entirely new product aimed at developing in-depth technical knowledge and lab strategy.

Really? I have to pay again to upgrade my CCIE 2.0 program? Not simply a new version, instead it is new product? What is the point again of an investment program if you are just going to update it and repackage it as a new product we have to pay for? I have upgraded my E2E program twice now out of pocket for totally new products added to it without having issues with that because they were new! This though is ridiculous to me. Investment protection just to pay $356.50? Even more reason to make sure I pass the current version.

Comments

32 Responses to “Internetwork Expert Exclusive Investment Protection Program What Is The Deal?”

1. Joshua James on August 11th, 2009 1:05 pm

Then again… I bought into the CCIE program when it was 2.0. (I think). I purchased the lab workbooks 1 and 2.

4 was an upgrade and 5 beta is also available to me. I still have access to all three versions of lab workbooks.

Now… There are a lot of errors in them, but I find them in every version. Perhaps that is how I can tell they are the same product. 😛

2. Drew Stafford on August 11th, 2009 1:54 pm

That’s crazy man. I’m just about to start for my CCIE, so, I know now to stay away from them and go to another vendor! Thanks!

3. BikBot on August 11th, 2009 1:58 pm

I received the same response from INE sales, and their response included that these were the terms dictated by Brian Dennis so there is nothing they could do. I am very disappointed in the Investment Program, especially since there doesn’t seem to be one any longer. I even posted a comment on the INE blog announcement which was promptly removed by their moderator. I guess they don’t like negative feedback.

4. CCIE Journey on August 11th, 2009 2:28 pm

That worries me that Brian Dennis set that policy and that is that…

If I were looking today for material I would question that motive…

I understand this is a business to make money, but change your investment policy to reflect that completely. It is misleading at best right now…

5. CCIETalk on August 11th, 2009 2:57 pm

I have been waiting to blog about this. I saw the post and wanted to believe that I didn’t read that. This is NONSENSE! I dont care if its a new product or not, end of the day its a program getting us ready for CCIE ROUTING AND SWITCHING. End to End program means ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that us (students) need to Pass ROUTING AND SWITCHING LAB. This is def a money making idea and nothing else. I am not an IPX customer but I hear they are giving free upgrades to students.

6. Andrew on August 11th, 2009 4:20 pm

I am an ipex customer and while their new vod is not a free upgrade $75 is a lot better than this. I paid something like $10000 for ie’s r&s products and even though i already passed it seems silly there are things I don’t have access to. The additions they put out smelled a little this just stinks. They might as well just say it the old audio bootcamp wasn’t much of a produst so you get to pay for this one.

7. Roland on August 11th, 2009 5:02 pm

I’m a IPX customer, no upgrades to CCIE R&S v4 yet except for WB1. Audio lectures are still from Scott Morris and most of those are simply the audio of the video bootcamp… I’m still waiting for the free upgrades…

8. Yandy Ramirez on August 11th, 2009 5:30 pm

while i don’t own the Audio release from IExpert, I consider this complete BS and I hope they read this. In allot of their videos they mention they’re here for us and to help. This is turning into a very corp type thing, only within a small company. I understand everyone is in business to make money no matter what they say, but if you have a “Investment protection program” use it. Don’t give false sense of things, how can an updated version for the same thing be a new product?

It’s not like it’s audio for the R&S and the other for Security… I feel for you and hopefully they fix this and give you the discount you deserve which is 100%.

Good luck dude

9. Mike Down on August 11th, 2009 5:48 pm

CCIETalk – I’m still here waiting for you to come to the bright side! I take care of my “boys!”

Andrew, our charge is simply to recoup printing costs as stated here: http://www.ipexpert.com/Guarantee

Roland – With the change being JUST announced, it’s going to take a little bit of time for the rest of v4 to be released. Volume 1 of the workbook is completely finished, I see a Q4 COMPLETE release date most likely. If JOE gets to work! hehe

If you guys need anything at all, have questions, etc, just come to me at anytime!!! Find me of Facebook, Skype, Twitter – I’m everywhere to help you guys pass the CCIE!!!

– Mike

10. Liqua on August 11th, 2009 6:08 pm

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of your readers.

I was just about to make an investment into INE’s products and the investment protection was the deal maker for me (I like to take my time when learning)

Knowing that they now won’t honour the upgrades has made me reconsider. (Like you said – My belief was that you were investing in a R&S programme and the fact that Cisco changed version from 3 to 4 was not your fault and that should be reflected in the package!)

Cheers.

11. Anthony Sequeira on August 11th, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi everyone!

Scott’s audio class was never part of our CCIE 2.0 program. So I am unsure why anyone would think that his new audio should be part of the CCIE 2.0 program?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks so much for your interest in our products and I look forward to helping if I can!

Anthony Sequeira

12. CCIE Journey on August 11th, 2009 9:07 pm

Anthony,
    But the audio 3.0 boot camp was part of the product way back in 2007 even :/ That is why we feel very slighted. Your ATCOD was not part of the CCIE 2.0 program either before, but we did get that added on last week. How do the two differ?

13. Drew Stafford on August 11th, 2009 10:09 pm

Heh, that is a funny explanation Anthony gave. So because the DEVELOPER is different, it makes it a different product.

You get a million (fake) bucks for calling that one Sunpenguin in our chat earlier.

I wonder if they will charge extra for videos containing anybody else than the first ones. Hah! Definitely going elsewhere with my business!

14. Anthony Sequeira on August 11th, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi CCIE Journey!

Here is the list of products contained in the CCIE 2.0 program:

Click the Components Tab for the list. Notice that audio classes are not part of this program, nor have they ever been.

For our CCIE 2.0 customers that are interested in this Audio Bootcamp, we want to provide a substantial discount. We will announce what the discount will be soon I am sure.

My 5-day ATCOD is a condensed version of the 10-day ATCOD. We added it per customer request once a sample lesson was leaked. 🙂 I hope you are enjoying it!

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help any readers here: asequeira@ine.com

15. CCIE Journey on August 11th, 2009 10:41 pm

Anthony,
    R&S Advanced Technologies Audio Class v3.0 has been in my members section since April 2007 :(. Yea it has taken me this long I know…

Carl

16. Anthony Sequeira on August 11th, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi Carl!

Yeah – no worries 🙂

It is not a race.

Be sure to email me directly if you care to and I can ensure you have what you need to get this journey completed.

17. Brian Dennis on August 12th, 2009 12:36 am

Carl,
    We never sold an Audio Bootcamp. We sold an Audio Technologies Class. These are two entirely different products that target different parts of a candidate’s preparation. The only similarity is that they are both for the R&S track and both are audio products but the similarities end there. The old Audio Technologies Class was aligned with the Advanced Technologies Class just like the new Audio Bootcamp is aligned with the 12-Day Bootcamp we offer. You can’t listen to both of these and say the Audio Bootcamp that Scott Morris has done is just an updated version of the Audio Technologies Class that Brian McGahan did.

A good analogy would be if someone attended the 5 Day Advanced Technologies Class when it was our only class offering, you wouldn’t expect them to get a free seat in our 12 Day Bootcamp when we started teaching it under the Investment Protection Program (IPP) would you?

As far as Anthony’s comments getting misconstrued it’s not dependent on the instructor or author, as everyone surely knows. The IPP that we were the first to introduce to the CCIE market still does exactly what it says. You buy a product. The product is updated. You get the new product. BUT the IPP is not, you buy a product. A new and different product is released. You get the new and different product. The IPP covers you for your existing products and classes but doesn’t somehow grandfather you into any new products or new classes.

Although the Audio Technologies Class hasn’t been sold by INE for over a year I’ve instructed the sales team to credit anyone who purchased the Audio Technologies Class the full amount they paid for it (it was priced at $99) so they can apply the credit towards the purchase of the new Audio Bootcamp.

18. David Sudjiman on August 12th, 2009 3:35 am

I thought I was going to write something about this but this is good that somebody already done it.

On this URL http://www.internetworkexpert.com/ccie-routing-switching-audio-bootcamp.htm the new Audio called CCIE Routing & Switching Audio Bootcamp

On my account @ INE it says R&S Advanced Technologies Audio Class v3.0

Of course it is different!

The question is, when is IE going to update my R&S Advanced Technologies Audio Class v3.0? Will there be v4.0?

Oh, hang on a second, on this page http://blog.internetworkexpert.com/2009/08/10/introducing-ines-brand-new-ccie-rs-audio-bootcamp/ it says

We are excited to announce the pre-release of our brand new, highly anticipated CCIE Routing & Switching Audio Bootcamp. Developed from the ground-up by our own Scott Morris, CCIE #4713 (R&S, ISP-Dial, Security, Service Provider) to match the new CCIE RS v4.0 blueprint, this audio class is packed with over 30 hours of advanced technical material.</

Well, then this is the updated version, obviously.

But why don’t they call it as an update instead selling it for a different name?

19. Internetwork Expert, this is very dissapointing! | David Sudjiman on August 12th, 2009 3:39 am

[…] Very dissapointing indeed « Finished IEWB RIP […]

20. Jeff Rensink on August 12th, 2009 10:45 am

I think this whole issue comes down to perspective. Do you view the “product” as the CCIE 2.0 bundle that is an all-inclusive product to train you for the CCIE lab, or as the individual items that came in the bundle when you purchased it.

INE views the product as the individual components of the bundle in terms of their IPP. And that is legitimate. If the volume 1 workbook gets updated, all current owners of the volume 1 workbook get the updates. If a brand new product comes out (one that you never purchased separately or as part of a bundle), you don’t get access to it because you never purchased it.

A lot of us customers view the “product” as the overall CCIE 2.0 bundle, which is more of a program and not really just a bunch of individual products put together. That is a legitimate view as well. Especially because it is advertised as a program and not a discounted training bundle. As a result, any time that the program is upgraded with new versions or new product, we expect to receive access to it because it is an upgrade to the program itself.

Unfortunately for INE, I think that a good portion of this confusion is a result of their advertising. So even if they are technically in the right with their stance on this, they are turning off a lot of customers.

21. CCIETalk on August 12th, 2009 11:35 am

OK. Let’s say we agree with INE on this. So when will the Audio Class v3.0 be upgraded to match the new 4.0 blueprint? I mean if someone purchased the original Audio Class, and they have not passed the CCIE exam as of yet, technically it is INE’s responsibility to provide them the latest material? no?

22. Jeff Rensink on August 12th, 2009 1:31 pm

@ CCIETalk

I don’t think the IPP is a promise that they will update all materials to reflect content changes. But if they do update the materials, those that have purchased them in the past will be able to get the updated product for free.

23. Brian Dennis on August 12th, 2009 1:58 pm

CCIETalk,
    The audio technologies class you are referring to is no longer available. We killed development on the product over 3 years ago and finally pulled the product over a year ago. The audio technologies class was intended to be a series of audio technology classes as you hear mention of an advanced technologies audio class when you listen. The first one never really sold well as people didn’t seem to want an audio technologies class. Before we finally removed it from our product line over a year ago it sold for just $99.

The v3 doesn’t mean it’s for this version of the CCIE lab. The v3 was in sync with our old workbook versioning system. We’ve had a version 4 of our workbook out for a few years now.

Like I mentioned on our blog last night if anyone has any questions or concerns about our investment protection program feel free to contact me directly. My email is bdennis@ine.com and my direct line is +1-775-544-1653.

24. Nightwar on August 12th, 2009 2:19 pm

Guys,

Have you read the new blog by Brian Dennis he speaks some rules and he has contradicted himself by saying if you buy 5-Day bootcamp (referring to Brian McGahan Audio Bootcamp) you don’t get 12-Day bootcamp (referring to Scott Morris Audio Bootcamp) for free under Investment Protection. Now few days back INE has given free 5-Day Advanced Technology R&S Class on Demand by Anthony for free to those who have purchased the 10-Day Brian McGahan’s R&S Advanced Technology Bootcamp.

One IPP rule for Class on Demand and another rule for Audio Bootcamp.

Purely money makers and creators of own rules I wish I had owned there products to meet the INE guys under LAW…..

Nightwar

25. CCIE Journey on August 12th, 2009 3:15 pm

@Night,
    What I took from what Anthony said is his 5 day COD wasn’t supposed to be a released product, but was released to us free after some of it was leaked and bunch of users requested it. That is how I took it anyways 😉

Carl

26. Jeff Rensink on August 12th, 2009 3:59 pm

Nightwar,

There is a difference between the IPP and getting a free product as an incentive for buying another product. What you are describing is not related to the IPP. It’s just getting a freebie for buying a big expensive product.

IPP only applies when you purchase a specific product, and that exact product is updated. When that happens, you get access to the updated product. All of the products that you mentioned are clearly different, so they do not fall under the IPP.

27. Drew Stafford on August 13th, 2009 10:26 am

Wow, it sounds as if Jeff is on their payroll! From what I have heard, the 2.0 is still incomplete and now they are moving towards a 3.0? If all of these people PAID for an IPP package, what has their money went to? Has it paid off? I think I would rather get the same thing for free at other vendors instead of paying for it.

Maybe with the economy they are trying to squeak out a few bucks to pay for these iPods and netbooks they are giving away with boot camps.

Anybody know of any CUGs in the Buffalo, NY area?

28. CCIE Journey on August 13th, 2009 10:41 am

LOL is Drew Staffards RFA contract negotiations going that bad that he is looking at getting his CCIE?

29. Drew Stafford on August 13th, 2009 10:55 am

Actually, I get that from a few people all the time CCIE Journey. Didn’t think it was THAT common!

30. Internetwork Expert Exclusive Investment Protection Program What … | Work in USA on August 27th, 2009 11:15 am

[…] 11th, 2009 1:05 pm. Then again… I bought into the CCIE program when it was 2.0. View post: Internetwork Expert Exclusive Investment Protection Program What … Share and […]

31. Internetwork Expert Exclusive Investment Protection Program What … | Work in USA on August 27th, 2009 11:15 am

[…] 2009 1:05 pm. Then again… I bought into the CCIE program when it was 2.0. Excerpt from: Internetwork Expert Exclusive Investment Protection Program What … Share and […]

32. Darby Weaver on September 21st, 2009 11:04 am

Hey,

I was skeptical at first too. I truly was.

Then I read the contract. It is exactly what we purchased.

Some CCIE 4.0 is covered by the CCIE v4.0 and is there – in fact – Workbooks, etc.

Some stuff like the audio is new stuff.

I paid a little extra for the OEQ and the Troubleshooting – Nominal costs.

No biggie – they were never offered before.

As for 10-12 day class gettting the 5 day thrown in… well that’s like buying a supersized happy meal and if you only want a small fries instead of the large.

InternetworkExpert is trying to do business honestly and we should support this.