Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/29/d134578137/htdocs/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

I am completely off work for 2 whole weeks starting today! I’ve been struggling to finish up the IPexpert Volume 1 technology specific labs all week, so that by the time my 2 week break came up, I could start using it to dig into the full scale 8 hour Volume 2 labs.

I did pretty well on my struggle to finish up volume 1, although admittedly I did skip a lab on GRE tunnels, and I sort of rushed through IPv6.

My plan for the next few weeks is to get my ass out of bed by 9:00 AM, get my coffee, and get on my rack! I’ll be starting with Volume 2 lab 1. My lovely wife is not as fortunate as me, and has to go to work, which sucks for her, but that means I will have an entire quiet empty house and NO EXCUSES! I plan on really hitting it hard, and taking full advantage of this opportunity. My goal is to put in between 8 and 16 hours a day on my rack.

P.S. Anybody out there know if the 3550 supports IPv6 ??? I have been unsuccessful trying to find an IOS that will do it for this platform, yet my buddy tells me he has a friend that is doing IPv6 on a 3550. According to internetworkexpert’s difference between 3550/3560 that I stumbled across that is one of the differences

– Joe

Comments

8 Responses to “Status Update — 2008-12-22”

1. Jeff Rensink on December 22nd, 2008 10:10 am

Good luck on your studies Joe. According to the Cisco feature navigator, the 3550s are not able to do IPv6. I guess I haven’t tried on mine yet.

Although I’m sure they have no problem pushing IPv6 packets that are encapsulated in IPv4 =)

2. Nickelby Thane on December 22nd, 2008 10:34 am

I don’t know if this might be of any help to you but hopefully it will 🙂

3. CCIETalk.com on December 22nd, 2008 10:59 am

When I was working with 3550s I came across a cisco doc that stated IPv6 is available. However I was not able to find any IOS that would support it. Now I am running 3560s. However I just read an email on GS that 12.2 (44)… supports IPv6.

4. Joe A on December 22nd, 2008 12:42 pm

I am actually running 12.2(46)SE ipservices which is the latest out there, and there are no ipv6 commands.

5. cciepursuit on December 22nd, 2008 3:01 pm

There was a recent GroupStudy posting about the 3550s running IPv6. The code version looks (slightly) older than the version you are running. Weird.

SW4(config)#ipv6 ?
    access-list Configure access lists
    general-prefix Configure a general IPv6 prefix
    hop-limit Configure hop count limit
    host Configure static hostnames
    icmp Configure ICMP parameters
    local Specify local options
    neighbor Neighbor
    route Configure static routes
    router Enable an IPV6 routing process
    source-route Process packets with source routing header options
    unicast-routing Enable unicast routing

SW4(config)#do sh ver | in .bin
    System image file is “flash:/c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE3.bin”
    SW4(config)#

HTH,

Scott Morris, CCIE4 #4713, JNCIE-M #153, JNCIS-ER, CISSP, et al.
    CCSI/JNCI-M/JNCI-ER

6. Joe A on December 22nd, 2008 10:21 pm

Hey, thanks cciepursuit! How strange…it IS in 12.2.44SE3 but not in 12.2.46SE …I went ahead and loaded 12.2.44SE3 and sure enough the commands are there. Thanks for your help.

7. Olof on December 23rd, 2008 4:18 am

I don’t know if it’s the same but on Cisco 3560s you have to enter this command: “sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 default” and then reboot.

If you don’t, there wont be any IPv6 commands in configuration mode.

8. Joe A on December 23rd, 2008 7:28 pm

Hey Olof, yeah that is only for the 3560.