Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/29/d134578137/htdocs/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

Is it really almost the second week of October? Man I have five months for a lab attempt before my written expires! I must admit after reading about CCIE Pursuit’s lab attempt my morale went straight into the dumper. Anyone that reads his blog knows where he stands on the material. If he didn’t make it on his first attempt after doing everything he has done what chance do I stand at it? Why not just go back and finish my MBA now and cut to the chase πŸ˜€

I haven’t really accomplished much other than the core of IW lab three of workbook II. With my daughter being eight I honestly forgot the amount of work daily that goes into having an infant at home. There is just no time to sit down and lab during the week I am finding out. Maybe an hour or so, but what am I really going to get from an hour of labs? I probably should spend that hour reading more of the Cisco doc material. It is plain to see simply configuring labs all week is not enough. I am wondering if the next four weeks would be better spent rereading my books and doc material before heading out to Narbiks. Maybe only some light labs, then I can always come home and start up the five day Internetwork Expert class on demand bootcamp/labs. I was thinking of attending Internetwork Experts mock lab workshop as well, but I don’t know if I can fit it in time wise or dollars wise at this point. Dollars wise everything is starting to add up. I can always resit Narbik’s camp and just have to pay for travel/hotel/food so it would be cheaper. With the economy in it’s present state I think it is wise to start tightening the budget for this. I could always offer to blog naked at the mock lab workshop, but just because I am a hundred percent comfortable with myself my wife always tells me maybe the rest of the world isn’t πŸ˜‰

Comments

7 Responses to “Status Update 10.06.2008”

1. Joe A on October 6th, 2008 11:24 am

Hey Carl, I feel you buddy! I couldn’t help but notice my CCIE written exam score report hanging on the refrigerator last night, and noticing the date of 7/26 !!! Wow, has it been over 8 weeks already? And where am I? Bah!

I have not done much study lately either. I have been trying to upgrade the home lab to get it up to par to actually complete the IPexpert stuff. I have 1 3550, another supposedly coming from ebay (although I paid for it on 9/30 and have heard nothing yet starting to get worried). I have not really been working on labs because of this delay.

I hope to really get cranking once I obtain a total of 4 3550’s. I have decided to go with 4 3550s instead of making the investment for 3560s.

Stick with it buddy! We’re all in this together!

2. bob on October 6th, 2008 2:43 pm

The unofficial word is that over the past year that number of times to pass the lab has gone up from 1.8 to 3.8 times. I could tell you other discouraging rumors, but I am sworn to secrecy.

3. CCIE Journey on October 6th, 2008 3:16 pm

@ Joe – Just wait till that 8 weeks turns into 12 months πŸ˜›

@ Bob – Well atleast I still don’t know the odds…

4. Jamie on October 7th, 2008 8:54 am

Keep up the good work….having 3 kids myself and in school for my 4-year degree (12 years and counting now), I know how little study time there is. It took me 10 months to knock my CCNP out again…study time is hard to come by. I enjoy reading your blog and congrats on your new kiddo.

5. ccielab on October 7th, 2008 10:15 am

Hey Buddy, dont fret. On the day of the lab you will do fine. I just got my number on Monday and it wasnt as bad as everyone would have you believe.

Jo
    #22262

6. Joe A on October 7th, 2008 1:28 pm

@ccielab: Congratulations!!!

7. will on October 9th, 2008 5:26 am

Finding time is a real pain. Working as a freelancer in the financial sector I’m regularly doing 12+hr days – only to get home shattered. I’ve had my homelab for around 3yrs now but I’ve still not done the Lab. I’m actually beginning to wonder whether I’ll ever get round to it. To be honest, it’s not such a contract-getter as it once was. Well that’s what I’ve found. Instead, I’ve been taking onboard other vendor technology to help to diversify. At this point I’m comfortable with my several plus years knowledge of cisco without having to take the lab (only then to lose a large percentage of the knowledge as I will never use it).
    Still, its an interesting journey and I haven’t discounted it – I certainly like to jump on my lab, but thesedays more for specific tech refreshers than to sit a whole workbook. I’m sure whatever you do will work out fine in the long run. Most of all – Enjoy! πŸ™‚