Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/29/d134578137/htdocs/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284

I was waiting for the Cisco Learning Network to come back up to post this, but now it is live. This really isn’t much of a surprise. Layer 2 is a core technology anyways. Anyone attempting the lab should know how to troubleshoot it in their sleep. This isn’t a big deal at all atleast in my opinion…

Introducing inclusion of new Layer 2 switching capability in the virtual lab environment of the CCIE R&S Troubleshooting exam

In alignment with CCIE level requirements, Cisco is adding L2 switching features to the CCIE R&S Troubleshooting exam through L2 IOS software on Unix (L2IOU) virtual environment. The new feature will be available starting January 17, 2011.

Comments

7 Responses to “New L2 Virtual Switching Capability Added to CCIE R&S Lab Exam”

1. Joe Astorino on January 17th, 2011 12:28 am

It will be interesting to hear feedback on that. When I was teaching, I received reports from students that took the mobile lab and reported virtual switches even back then. They had a horrible experience. At the time, I was told that these virtual switches did not respond to “usual” IOS commands for doing basic tasks in some cases.

Hopefully, cisco got it right this time. It will also be interesting to see if “L2” also means any QoS capabilities at the switching level because as many of you know, the QoS functions of switches are often hardware dependent.

2. Jay McMickle on January 19th, 2011 12:30 am

Just a quick note- I skimmed through your blog and I didn’t see any noted Lab date scheduled. When do you plan to take it? Mine is set for May 25th (2011). I’m finishing up VOL1 with IPExpert and I’m moving to the TS and Config Cisco 360 labs. Considering VOL2 or VOL3 with IPExpert. Do you favor one over the other?

Keep up the blogging- good job!

3. CCIE Journey on January 21st, 2011 10:13 pm

Ha if they added layer 2 QOS to the TS section I would flat out cry 😛

4. CCIE Journey on January 21st, 2011 10:14 pm

I went to reschedule mine and found out the hard way that RTP is packed 6 months out… So I am stuck with a June date unless I can get luck when people drop theirs at the 90 payment date :/

5. CCIE Journey on January 21st, 2011 10:18 pm

I would skip Vol2 and go with Vol 3. Good luck in May!

6. Joe Astorino on January 28th, 2011 11:43 am

I would recommend volume 3 if you are going the IPexpert path. I can tell you from experience that it is a much more well tuned product

7. keshav on February 17th, 2011 2:59 am

hi…….i am keshav kumar and i want to do CCIE course